Application and selection
The total number of course participants including speakers is limited to 80, to facilitate interactions. The target audience is postdoctoral fellows and PhD students but applications from senior scientists are also welcome.
Acceptance will be mostly on a first come first served basis, but CVs and submitted abstracts, representation of different topics at the event, career stage, geographical distribution and gender balance may be taken into consideration.
How to apply
By the deadline of April 29, 2018 (Extended deadline):
- Complete a registration order through the registration/abstract submission portal on this event website by entering your details on the registration form and choosing a payment method. You will receive an automated 'order received email' with full instructions of how to pay, and a copy of the order in PDF
- During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are pdf, zip and rar) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- for postdocs and PhD students, the name and address of your lab head/supervisor
- a summary of your reasons for applying to the event and your research interests (max 300 words)
- a concise CV (max 2 pages)
- for applicants for FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards, your Constituent Society membership proof, age id and proof of status. Please notice that the deadline to apply for the FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards is fixed at Febrary 28, 2018
- Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal: abstract submission is optional but recommended for selection to the course and networking at the event, and is mandatory for application for travel grants]. See the Abstract section of the website for more details (Deadline for abstract submission or modification is May 4)
- If you have a special requirement (dietary or other) or preferred roommate (in case you know someone attending with whom you would like to share room), please include this in the supporting information you upload during the registration process.
An ‘order received e-mail’ message with full instructions on how to pay is automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order.
An 'order confirmed e-mail’ message will be sent to you when organizers receive the fund and confirm your registration payment.
Notification on abstract assessment and acceptance to the event will be made later, by April 20, 2018 (April 26 for late submissions).
Registration fees include access to the event sessions, name badge, certificate of attendance, book of abstracts, meals and refreshment breaks and accommodation at the residence/hotels as set out in the registration fee table. Travel costs are not covered.
Meals/refreshments covered by the registration fees are breakfasts at the hotel, lunches and refreshements at the venue, as well as the welcome cocktail.
|3 night accommodation in shared room||380,00 €|
|3 night accommodation in single room||450,00 €|
|Regular - no accommodation||300,00 €|
|Extra night - Single room||50,00 €|
|Extra night - Shared room||30,00 €|
Terms and Conditions
By registering for the event, participants (also referred to as 'you') are entering an agreement with the Course Organizer(s), and you are indicating acceptance to the terms and conditions set out below.
The registration Fee for participants covers:
- Access to all scientific programme sessions
- Meals and refreshments as set out above
- Accommodation, as set out on the Venue/Accommodation page
- Name badge, printed materials and certificate of attendance
[Please note that all registration fees include VAT]. Travel costs are not covered by the registration fee.
Methods of Payment
Payments must be made by bank transfer; details will be sent in your ‘order received email’.
Bank charges are the responsibility of the participant and should be paid at source. Your Name, Surname and Order ID must be indicated on the transaction receipt of the bank transfer. Following the payment, receipt of the transaction must be sent via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Proof of payment must be received before the stated deadline. If you do not receive an ‘order confirmed email’ within x business days after sending your proof of payment / receipt of transaction, please contact (email@example.com).
Registration cancellation & refund policy
All registration cancellation requests should be sent to (firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing. For cancellation requests received on or before April 15, 2018, the full payment, less bank charges, will be refunded; for cancellation requests received on and after April 15, 2018, the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be made. No cash refunds will be made for the credit card payments in the case of cancellation.
You should seek and follow the advice of your government before registering and booking travel for the event and before travelling to the event. You are solely responsible for making your own appropriate travel and other insurance arrangements before booking travel for the Congress.
Modification and cancellation of the event
The Course Organizers reserve the right to modify the event programme, which is published as an indication only.
In the event of cancellation of the event, at any time, as a result of any event of 'force majeure' or for other reasons that are beyond the control of the Course Organizers, the registration fee shall be refunded by the Course Organizers but neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS shall be held liable for any other costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, financial losses, etc.
Disclaimer and ‘force majeure’
Neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS shall be responsible for any bodily injury/death or property damages (including theft) sustained by participants during the event, unless such damages are a direct result of the negligent or unlawful act or omission thereof.
In any event, neither the Course Ogranizers nor FEBS accept liability for damages in the event of bodily injury/death, property damage, disruption to travel plans and costs incurred as a result of ‘force majeure’. ‘Force majeure’ (or ‘Act of God’) reasons include but are not limited to: war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, health risks, fire and closure of airports or airspace.
Governing lawAny legal dispute resulting from the accepted terms and conditions will be subject to the law of Italy.
- Applications closing (Extended deadline)
29 Apr 2018
- Abstract submission deadline
4 May 2018
- Closing times: 23:59 (UTC+01:00)